Author Topic: My mesa doesn't work  (Read 785 times)

February 06, 2016, 04:01 PM
Read 785 times

Kurt17

• Information
    • View Profile
every time i try to play on surf_mesa it says the folloqing message

"Your map [maps/surf_mesa.bsp] differs from the server's."

it was working fine until one day i woke up going to play surf and this happened

February 07, 2016, 03:47 PM
Reply #1

Sera

• Information
  • Collector of cute
    • View Profile
Yeah, that happened to one of my friends too, I honestly have no clue why it's happening.
Skill Surf's SAdmin (Sad Admin)

February 08, 2016, 06:55 AM
Reply #2

Sexysugar

• Information
  • Hella Sexy
    • View Profile
I would try reinstalling the map and/or addons (addons as a last resort) because one of them might have altered the map for a specific server when you joined.

For example when I played for the first time on the LostinPlace server it edited my textures so that they were screwed up on any other server. :/

February 09, 2016, 10:48 AM
Reply #3

pyro

• Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
|
|
|

go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\downloads\maps\ and delete the file "surf_mesa.bsp"

(btw, I just typed that path out, and I have no clue if it's correct. and: if you don't have an x86 os: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\downloads\maps\)

if you don't have surf_mesa in your downloads folder, then what you can do is if you have csgo mounted onto garry's mod and you've played on a surf server with surf_mesa on it, go ahead and unmount csgo from garry's mod, cause there's a good chance csgo is overwriting it's downloaded surf_mesa on garry's mod.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 11:04 AM by pyro »

October 02, 2017, 03:23 AM
Reply #4

Kakahodmak

• Information
    • View Profile
It is so charming to say that it must be accepted.