Author Topic: [VERY IMPORTANT] Maps  (Read 1145 times)

July 21, 2015, 12:17 AM
Read 1145 times

xbeastguyx

• Owner
  • Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
As of now, 24/7 Minecraft is, well, boring.  I think that we should mix it up a bit, and add more than just Minecraft maps.  This will give the server a much better feel, and widen the amount of maps that are played upon, as currently, it is very limited.  So, what I want you guys to do, is reply in this format.

Name:
How long you've played:
Keep or change:
Why:

Name: xbeastguyx
How long you've played: Way too many
Keep or change: Change
Why: Minecraft maps are getting very boring, and I feel that changing it to any map will make it more fun for everyone.
Yeah so, I'm the owner.

July 21, 2015, 01:05 AM
Reply #1

JinJayMan

• Information
  • Global Moderator
  • It me.
    • View Profile
Beast Jin (JinJayMan)
A long time. Specifics unknown, but you get the idea.
I believe the maps should provide a bit of variety.
The Majority of Minecraft maps are quite fun in all honesty, however some are very limited in size and others produce lag for some reason. With the diversity in maps, another audience is welcome to the server. It creates a technical invitation for more players to arrive on the server.

July 21, 2015, 01:28 AM
Reply #2

Goman693

• Information
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Infinite Realm
Name: [IGN-Goman693] - [IRL-Conner]
How long you've played:1 week (so close, almost)
Keep or change:Change, as the server grows ever so older, sometimes it is almost necessary for a change to occur to "spice" things up a bit, whether it be new weapons, custom shop items, or, yes, maps that do not revolve in a circle. Sometimes maps do get "old" and this "old" feeling can sometimes turn off long-time players as well as restricting the potential audience of the server, I feel that, should new maps (not minecraft-related) be added to the server, the overall benefit could seriously outweigh any negative consequences such as players not enjoying certain maps or having a longer download time when joining the server.
Why:Please see above answer. ^

July 21, 2015, 01:46 PM
Reply #3

Kai

• Information
  • LOVE TAPS FOR LIFE
    • View Profile
Name: Cryptic
How long you've played: 1 week and 6 hours
Keep or change: I think the limit of maps should be changed.
Why: Minecraft are honestly boring after a while also some people just don't like Minecraft like me and seeing maps that could be added like Lost Temple for an example would be fun.

July 21, 2015, 02:35 PM
Reply #4

DrRoflcopter

• Information
  • Profesional Forum Lurker
    • View Profile
Name: Doctor Roflcopter
How long you've played: 4 months since I first joined, around 2 weeks of game time
Keep or change: Maybe keep some of the more popular MC maps while adding some of the more traditional maps.
Why: After playing all this time on exclusively Minecraft maps, it gets really boring really quickly. Adding normal TTT maps would make the server a lot more enjoyable as it stands out of the massive amount of MC-only servers circlejerk clusterfuck.

July 22, 2015, 08:12 PM
Reply #5

vinvin55

• Information
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Name: vinvin55

How long you've played: 4 Weeks 1 Hour and 35 minute

Keep Or Change: I think the maps should be changed up.
I been playing on the server for a while and I'm starting to get board of the maps.
Vinny

July 22, 2015, 08:27 PM
Reply #6

TJ1524

• Information
  • Prinny, Dood!
    • View Profile
Name: TJ1524
How long you've played: Total playtime: 1 Week, 4 Days.
Keep or change: Change.
Why: I have many reasons for the change.

Minecraft themed servers have both a positive and negative influence. Positive because it attracts new players and may seem more friendly toward young kids. The negative is when it attracts trolls because they can't believe that there's players playing a Minecraft themed server, so they push their beliefs on the server by breaking rules. It also puts away the attention of more adult's attention because they have learned to dislike Minecraft because of their beliefs.

A second reason is for the regular players. The maps are pretty bland when you constantly play them. I've counted 18 maps. 9 of which are played regularly, cause problems and include some way to ruin the rest of the round by making people invisible. There's only so much you can do on these maps. Most of the more interesting features on these Minecraft maps have already been done to death. It loses it's uniqueness. It also brings me to a different point.

A third reason is that there are plenty of other great maps too, why only limit it to Minecraft maps that are the minority of total maps. I can list plenty of other maps that are great and have different functionality. Another point in this category is that there are really unique maps that deserve to be played. They give different experiences too.

Not only is adding the better reputation TTT maps to your server better for the servers popularity, it improves the quality of the server to the ones who play it daily.

July 22, 2015, 09:52 PM
Reply #7

DrRoflcopter

• Information
  • Profesional Forum Lurker
    • View Profile
By the way, most Minecraft maps doesn't use the CS:S textures. Switching to regular maps MIGHT repel some players that don't have the game.

July 23, 2015, 04:53 PM
Reply #8

pyro

• Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
name: pyro

how long you've played: 2 days (estimated/guess)

change: I think we should change the maps. why? minecraft maps were ruined when the game got "upgraded" from 12 over to 13, and now they're just a laggy mess. not to mention that it's a lot harder to shoot someone cause you're constantly moving up and down and your fps is pure shit if you look at a certain part of the map (I hope you guys know what I mean by that, when you walk up and down the minecraft blocks and such, I don't know how to word that correctly).

July 28, 2015, 12:27 AM
Reply #9

loki2113

• Information
  • Beast Member
    • View Profile
Name: Loki2113

Time on server: Since last summer, around 4~ ingame days.

Change: Minecraft is getting so incredibly boring and all the maps are meant for 12~ players tops while the server limit is around 24 or something. I have only stuck around thus far because the models are fun, the weapons are a nice change of pace, and the community is cool. If I don't more than the same 6 that are played all of the fucking time, I will lose my shit.

July 29, 2015, 04:51 AM
Reply #10

kingwhite{BEAST}

• Information
  • I'm in love with the coco
    • View Profile
Name : Senpai... or something with king in it

Time on server: I sure have.

Change: Why? Beastguy can do anything. I have fate in you!
Hard work is only a means to an end if you become proud of the effort  itself you're mistaking the means for the end...